Send your own ElfYourself eCards

Monday, October 22, 2007

Shoot vs. Chute

I have always prided myself on my spelling abilities. I have always been a good speller...or so I thought until I had a rude awakening last night. It wasn't until Jeremy was making fun of my poor Dad for whom spelling has always been difficult that I realized my error. Jeremy just happened to use the word shoot as a hilarious example of my Dad's spelling shortcomings. Jeremy thought he was being so funny in pointing out that Dad spells it S-H-O-O-T. Turns out he was making fun of his wife and sister-in-law Lacey at the same time. I knew I was spelling shoot wrong in my recent blog "Unloaden 'em In the Dark", but for the life of me I couldn't think of how else it could be spelled. Now that I know, it seems so obvious. How could I not have known? For those of you who are like me and Lacey and didn't spot the error shoot should have been spelled C-H-U-T-E. Now, raise your hand if you thought S-H-O-O-T was the correct spelling.

1 comment:

Kliss said...

That is so funny. I read it and it seemed off, but I didn't think much of it. The correct spelling didn't pop into my head until I saw the title of this post. I guess that means Jeremy is smarter than us all. And maybe we all got the bad speller gene from Dad.